Food & Beverage close-out and liquidation strategy
July 22, 2019
What to do with errors in inventory & production, product packaging and recipe issues.
It’s important to select a quality Liquidation company, they do exist.
By quality we mean the following.
Your close-out and liquidation partner needs to meet these checkbox items:
- Your paid promptly, meaning their well funded.
- They’ll respect your rules and guidelines for EACH liquidation scenario.
- Understanding distribution channels and your guidelines for respecting current relationships you have.
- Logistics should be important to them, liquidation scenarios are almost always time sensitive, late and OR damaged delivery reflects on your Brand.
Provide your liquidation partner with the following details:
- Full TiHi information on each product.
- Best by accurate dating.
- All location specific information for freight pick-up.
- Special instructions for logistics, warehouse locations, hours, loading docks and freight handling restrictions.
- Credit applications, references and prompt responses on all correspondence.
- Specific guidelines for protecting your brand in normal distribution.
Edesia Consulting Group has a long term partnership with Lewisco Holdings, a nationally recognized liquidator, based in Manhattan, NY. We’ve executed over 100 successful deals for our brand partners since 2015.
We highly recommend you contact them at:
Adam Gibson, VP Sales & Purchasing